Leidos’ Aviation, Integration, Maintenance, Sustainment & Safety (AIMSS) Division is seeking talented engineering students for an internship with our Engineering Team in Manassas, VA for the 2022 Summer. Selected candidates will assist with the design, documentation, manufacturing oversight, installation, and testing of mechanical systems that support sensor integration for multiple fixed wing aircraft programs. The position will provide selected candidates with a valuable opportunity to work with a skilled team of engineers and scientists in cutting edge aviation and engineering fields within the defense industry.
- Support design by surveying aircraft or manufactured items, creating CAD models and drawings, and reviewing drawings.
- Support manufacturing by writing work instructions, communicating with the shop floor, and assisting with change documentation.
- Support project management by assisting with the development of Engineering Data Lists and providing project statuses.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in a technical degree program from an accredited university/college and have completed at least one year of college level course work with a 3.0 minimum GPA before the start of the internship
- Candidate must be proficient with MS Office products and SolidWorks (proficiency with alternative CAD platforms will be considered).
- Candidate must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance, which requires US citizenship.
- Candidate must provide their own living arrangements and transportation.
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing techniques (machining, welding, assembly/installation, etc.)
- Experience creating and reviewing drawings and/or manufacturing from engineering drawings
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,400.00 - $52,000.00 - $65,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.