Leidos’ HR3DGI program is seeking a talented candidate for a geospatial internship at our Alexandria, VA office. The selected candidate will work alongside our team of geospatial analysts, subject matter experts, and engineers to support our mission to collect, process, disseminate, and maintain high resolution three-dimensional geospatial information.
- Understand the process to create high-resolution map products from raw LiDAR and imagery data collected from airborne or terrestrial platforms in a geospatial data production environment
- May test and evaluate software related to imagery processing or 3D modelling
- Support quality review and proper storage of raw data and final products
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, and collection equipment
- Ensure safe and secure use of company equipment and instrumentation
- Pursuing a degree in Geography, GIS, or other related discipline
- Familiarity with geospatial concepts and applications
- Be a self-starter who works well with small teams as well as individually
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving
- Familiarity with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats
- Working knowledge of geospatial data production techniques and capabilities using commercial-off-the-shelf geospatial software such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Microstation, TerraScan, ERDAS Imagine, etc.
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,400.00 - $52,000.00 - $65,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.