Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is hiring a Service Desk Technician in Clinton, MS. This position will support several customers within the Department of Justice. The successful candidate will be responsible for answering calls, logging the calls in the ticketing system, and providing the customers with rapid and accurate answers and information. This will require the individual to possess an IT background, so he or she can assist customers in troubleshooting and resolving problems. Support provided is governed by Service Level Agreements in place with the customer and include number of call responses, length of calls, etc. The ability to interface well with customers at various levels of seniority in a variety of different fields is essential to success in this position, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Schedule: Our Help Desk operation is staffed 24x7x365 and most staff will work on staggered shifts during that timeframe, however must be willing to work any shift as business needs change. Shifts are 8.5 hours with a 30 minute lunch break
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets, chat or phone
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Support mobility devices
- Provides a single, identified point of contact for all Help Desk and change request services
- Updates and maintains Help Desk records in accordance with established support procedures
- Performs account password administration and processes new user account requests
- Develops, maintains, and executes standard Help Desk operating procedures
- Follows security requirements as requested by the Government Security Officer
- Monitors customer problems to ensure prompt, satisfactory service/resolution is being provided; if necessary call the user to update them on progress
- Processes standard change request (ServiceNow tickets) for Installations, Moves, Adds, and Changes (IMAC’s)
- Remain on queue and available to assist end users during specified shift, excluding approved breaks, lunches, or off queue time approved by your Team Lead
- Manages the user’s expectations; provide information that will give details for a possible resolution or when they can expect to be contacted again
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 3+ years of applicable work experience
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Previous Service Desk Experience
- Ability to run reports
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and MS Office 365
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory password resets, account unlocks, account creations, and troubleshooting
- Experience using ServiceNow or a similar ticketing system
- Strong analytical and follow through skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Must be willing to work any shift as business needs change.
Program Specific Salary Range: $19/hr to $21.50/hr
Pay Range:Pay Range $29,900.00 - $46,000.00 - $62,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.