We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Mid-Level Software Development Engineer to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a Software Development Engineer on this program, you will have the opportunity to build strong systems and software utilizing cloud capabilities and gain agile development experience in support of an Enterprise cybersecurity program. Based in DevOps framework, you will participate in and/or direct major deliverables throughout all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Participate in software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- Participate in software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Participate in developing prototypes and deploying solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Apply DevOps tools like Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins to support automated deployment and containerization
- Participate in systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Mentor / assist junior members of the team
- Provide input/suggestions on technical approach to the Agile Team Leads
- Candidate must have BS degree with 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with Linux OS, including scripting in a Linux environment using Shell and Bash
- Experience with coding in Java
- Experience in multiple of the following areas, and a desire to learn the others:
- Linux OS scripting
- Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, CouchDB)
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
- Experience with automated deployment tools (such as Ansible, Chef, etc.) and associated scripts or manual instruction-based software installation / deployment
- Experience updating automated deployment scripts or manual deployment instructions for software baseline
- Understanding of compute, relational database management systems, storage, networking, transport, load balancing, and security constructs as they relate to on premise and cloud infrastructures
- Knowledge of high availability architectures
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience as a member of an agile software development team
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- All candidates must be have an Active TS/SCI clearance to start AND the ability to obtain a CI poly to be considered for the position
- Current Security+ certification
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Familiarity with:
- Nessus Vulnerability Assessment
- OWASP Foundation
- Experience in identity management and governance, to include single sign-on, identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
- Experience with web development and use of Reacts, Redux or similar
- Mobile development
This is a funded position but contingent upon the security clearance crossing over
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.