The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Developer to work with our customer at Eglin AFB, FL. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Joint Staff J6 Joint Assessment Division (JAD) conduct system of systems interoperability assessments as well as Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) datacentricity assessments. The candidate will work with fellow engineers, subject matter experts and analysts in solving technical problems and providing assistance during all phases of design, installation, and operation of data collection hardware and software at JAD garrison and deployed environments. The candidate will contribute to the production of software applications that enhance analyst ability to perform queries and retrieve data in a time-sensitive manner.
- Support the system engineering life-cycle for software and hardware data collection components, including development, test, and implementation.
- Write source code for one or more JAD automated tools to support task and product requirements – e.g., JWinWAM, DCAAF, MIG.
- Interact with JAD functional peer groups and customers to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to operations.
- BS degree in software engineering (or other engineering/math field) and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or AA and 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Secret Clearance and ability to obtain and maintain TS Clearance
- Software development expertise associated with C, C++ or C#, SQL or NOSQL
- Current baseline certification meeting IAT-2 - e.g., Security+
- Ability to complete computing environment training within 6 months of assignment
- Capability to lift 40 lbs.
- Professional writing and oral presentation skills, MS Office proficiency
- Experience with SharePoint to assist with Division Knowledge Management tasks
- Experience with data collection in field event environments
- Experience with AI/ML applications
- Experience with MS Azure
- Experience with tactical radios and associated military standards – e.g., Mil-Std 6016 (Link 16), Mil-Std 6017 (VMF), Platform J
This position has a salary range of $100,000 - $110,000.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.