Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) W87-1 Modification Program Division (NA-125.4) as a full time Project Controls expert, mid-to possibly senior level, to support the Federal Program Manager (FPM) with building and maintaining an integrated (ISSs). This individual will provide technical support to the Federal Program Manager (FPM), as well as liaison with other Defense Programs (DP), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), and Department of Defense (DOD) organizations associated with the W87-1 Program. The work performed is extensive in scope and requires experience with demonstrated project controls expertise, self-starting, ability to work in a highly dynamic environment, and interface with broad range of federal and military senior staff and leadership.
This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque, NM.
Project Controls expert compiles and analyzes the data from the clients. Prepares monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual, and as needed reports to support the program and program operations. Works with the FPM to provide feedback of data quality and errors to be fixed during the next submittal cycle. A key element will be to support the development and maintenance of an NNSA integrated master schedule (NIMS) for the W87-1 Program from individual project summary and detailed schedules provided by the participating sites with ISSs. The Project Controls expert will be responsible for working with the scheduling team, planning, monitoring and reporting on the W87-1 Program. This position requires advanced knowledge in the field of nuclear weaponry, and Primavera/P6 expertise.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining project management policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining a positive relationship with client scheduling staff.
- Coordinating, scheduling, analyzing client summary schedules and detailed schedules.
- Comparing and evaluating possible courses of conduct with respect to scheduling and making scheduling decisions after considering the relevant possibilities.
- Completing system analysis, reviewing cost controls, planning and managing baseline data.
- Using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) principles, terms, and concepts to evaluate client contractor progress.
- Exercising independent judgment to perform as a role model for the team, being self-motivated professional, demonstrating good interpersonal and communications skills, and passing on the working details of the Nuclear Security Enterprise.
- Working as part of the Team to produce regular reports and surge/special products that clearly and accurately represent the status of the W87-1 Program.
- Work in classified environments to analyze sensitive schedule and program data; work with derivative classifiers to extract appropriate elements for integration into unclassified integrated master schedules and other products.
- Teams with technical staff and project leads and managers to make recommendations to influence key decision makers within the scope of project controls.
- Researches, assembles, and evaluates project information or data and recommends sound, practical solutions to project related issues.
- Analyzes, compiles, and presents project specific data from a variety of sources to meet on-demand needs.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 12 years project controls experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated expertise with Primavera/P6.
- Knowledge translating DOE order 413.3B and Nuclear Weapons 6X Phases to schedule logic preferred.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) principles, terms, and concepts to evaluate program progress and health.
- Experience using EVMS Standards such as DOE Order 413.3B and ANSI/EIA 748.
- Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel) required and proficiency may be tested.
- Nuclear weapons experience desired.
- Interagency experience desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive management.
- Minimum of BA/BS, MBA or Master’s degree in a related field desired.
- Active DoD TS and/or DOE Q clearances required.
- Willingness to travel, estimated 10-15%.
Pay Range:Pay Range $90,350.00 - $139,000.00 - $187,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.