Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking an IT Applications Lead who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos is looking for an IT Applications Lead to lead a diverse team of application developers. The position requires working directly with client management resources to provide world-class application support for enterprise level Financial and Human Capital Management applications. The successful candidate will be part of a team supporting a long-term program for an Investor-Owned Utility client. The candidate would be responsible for production support, overseeing their individual performance delivering support on time, with first time quality, and with adherence to business requirements and SLAs.
Location: Role may be remote, however preference will be given to candidates in the New Orleans, LA and/or The Woodlands, TX area as these are where the client sites are. Selected candidate will be expected to report/travel to the client site on an as-needed basis.
- Supervisory duties that may include approving timesheets, performance reviews, etc.
- Actively manage the IT production support of a portfolio of applications and technical platforms to ensure stability, performance, and adherence to service level agreements (SLAs). This includes developing a strong working relationship with the client’s IT management.
- Ability to provide agile management support during client critical situations such as nuclear outages.
- Manage team assignments to projects and support responsibilities with a focus on cost savings, quality, and adherence to schedules as per client expectations.
- Manage on call schedules and provide escalation in the event of a failure to respond by the on-call resource(s). This may include hours outside of normal working hours.
- Ensure compliance with the client’s software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology, internal standards, and operational and support guidelines per stated service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the team as they perform complex technical activities and develop solutions.
- Promote technical innovation and creative solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and offer best-practice solutions to our client to resolve technical issues and to meet business requirements. This requires staying up to date with the latest IT industry technologies, tools, vendor products and practices, etc. in the analytics space.
- Promote developing strategies and processes to revolutionize/transform/improve the client’s environment.
- Assess personnel performance and provide career guidance and development, as needed.
- Work with the resource manager to provide resource planning and management within your team and in coordination with other application teams. Forecast potential bottlenecks or gaps based on future demand expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent discipline with 4+ years experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong working knowledge of development lifecycle and methodologies, including waterfall, iterative, agile and hybrid approaches.
- Experience with ServiceNOW (SNOW)
- Excellent customer-facing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work on high visibility projects and mission critical applications with demanding customers.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience supervising or leading teams
- Domain knowledge in electric utility business
- Experience managing support for PeopleSoft applications
- Working knowledge of Jira and Primavera
Program Specific Salary Range: Salary Range: $110,000 - $125,000
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.