The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking an Administrative Support Specialist at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. The Administrative Support Specialist will perform a variety of duties primarily in support of the CECOM ILSC Field Force Modernization Division (FSDFMD) and its subordinate Branches, but may assist other Directorates in ILSC.
1. Creates, updates, assumes monitoring responsibility for trackers, databases, and analysis tools to portray the support and execution of projects, actions, and assigned programs. Reviews and processes additions, deletion, changes for tracking and early detection of trends in the planning and resourcing phases of execution. Works in support of USG personnel within FMD, CECOM/ILSC G8, and others as directed to ensure proper accounting codes and cost estimates are tabulated and data entry is appropriate. Duty is not to make decision but will serve as a central point of data record keeping for the FMD support to customer programs/projects including documenting the resourcing levels of manpower, funding, time, and forecasts. Briefs FMD leadership on status and issues, and provides expert cataloging, analysis, and reference data.
2. May be involved in creating and processing Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders for CONUS and OCONUS PSC action of employees of IAW the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR) and other applicable DoD regulations. Collects employee data to support PCS order estimates. Reviews and processes PCS related travel vouchers IAW the JTR and applicable DoD regulations. Processes and reviews foreign entitlements IAW the JTR and Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR) and other applicable DoD regulations. Reviews and processes DoD National Relocation Program (DNRP) documents such as home sale and property management of assigned employees. Assists employees on PCS, DNRP, and overseas tour entitlement related questions. Develops and maintains an employee database on Excel and Microsoft SharePoint to track the PSC operations and employee status, current location, future locations, and report dates, as well intermediate dates to track and be aware of the status of orders. Briefs leadership on status and issues, and provides expert consulting services reference entitlements.
3. Processes all mission-related Overtime (OT) request and manages the workflow for the OT approval process IAW with CECOM policy. Updates and maintains the organization’s OT procedures to ensure compliance with CECOM policies and applicable Army Material Command (AMC) and DoD regulations. Maintains OT records on the Branch Microsoft (MS) SharePoint (SP) site.
4. Functions as the data collection focal point for all official taskers that are assigned to FSDFMD and its subordinate branches. Manages the workflow of all taskers by utilizing the organization’s MS SP based tasking system. Ensures that deadlines are met and taskers are completed IAW applicable guidelines. Generate memos, emails and reports as required. Retrieves and processes information and mission-related data from the Defense Travel System (DTS), the Global Support Center (GSC), and other database systems to build an overall mission and training recourse utilization reports and metrics. Respond to questions and requests for information. Act as a general point of contact for internal and external customers. Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports. Briefs leadership on status and issues within the purview of this position.
5. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
Act as key through point for FMD customers and ILSC budget team monitoring funding streams and hiring actions.
Time keeper assistance, reviews and processes time and attendance in DoD Automated Time and Attendance and Production System (ATAAPS) for assigned personnel.
Prepares and maintain personnel files and records in compliance with records management requirements.
Reviews, processes, and tracks claims for reimbursement of expenditures for those on official business
Creates and processes commercial carrier shipping documentation as required.
Functions as alternate Deployment Coordinator (may be assigned tracking/monitoring of travel related information, documents, approvals).
- High School with 2 or more years of experience.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Candidates must be proficient in Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is required to include User Group, Individual permissions and creating sites.
- Familiarity with the JTR, DSSR, and Departed of the Army (DA) as well as the DoD publication system is required.