Leidos is seeking an experienced public health analyst for our National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) program for CDC.
To provide needed analysis to support programmatic activities, and to provide expertise in managing and analyzing large and/or complex databases. Knowledge of surveillance and analysis. Experience with a variety of different groups in various disciplines. Thorough understanding of statistical methods including, but not limited to, linear , logistic and conditional logistic regression models, as well as, survey statistics. This position will develop computer programs (primarily using SAS) to monitor data quality; communicate with users regarding issues with the NHSN surveillance system activities and protocols; support NHSN users on higher-level questions related to facility set-up, data collection, and running system reports; organize study files, including data and correspondence files; and triage users questions to infection preventionists. This project requires strong epidemiological, statistical, data management and SAS programming expertise.
To provide help desk support and training for dialysis or long term care (LTC):
- Provide technical support with the NHSN help desk emails regarding dialysis, long term care, acute care, congregate settings and vaccine user groups.
- Identify and create necessary NHSN module/manual updates and mechanisms for electronic reporting to NHSN resulting from technological advancements, infection/disease trends, changing or broadening nursing responsibilities or yearly updates of system components
- Establishes program standards, policies, strategies, goals and evaluation plans in conjunction with senior staff
- Participates in management conference calls and meetings with the leadership team regarding change requests to the NHSN surveillance systems
- Conducts user outreach and education and provides consultation and technical assistance to dialysis and long term care provider groups, quality improvement organizations, and health departments in order to support their healthcare-associated infection (HAI) prevention, surveillance, and response activities, and to meet NHSN data quality needs.
- Provides input on NHSN dialysis/LTC helpdesk inquiries that require complex analysis and/or advanced knowledge of NHSN reporting criteria, enrollment procedures, and surveillance protocols
- Prepares and presents educational trainings about NHSN to professional organizations and governmental bodies at national, state and local levels.
- Participates in epidemiological investigation, research and other technical assistance.
- Participates in special DHQP studies or projects.
MS, MPH, MSPH in public health, statistics or related field and 2-5 years of experience.
Experience with statistical data analysis and use of data analysis tools (e.g. SAS, SQL). SAS base or SAS advanced certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00