The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Systems Engineer to support our work with a Federal Healthcare customer.
- Lead backup and storage engineer, responsible for backup and disaster recovery infrastructure design, implementation, and improvements.
- Support the enterprise data storage environment throughout the entire development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, unit and integration testing, system and acceptance testing, and retirement planning.
- Document and communicate storage and backup ideas and plans to the federal customer and cross-functional support teams, presenting to a broad audience.
- Engineering and administration of backup and storage infrastructure on-premises (Cohesity, Dell VNX, VMware VSAN, and Windows virtual file Servers) and the Azure Cloud.
- Provide support for cross-functional projects and efforts requiring coordination and communication with teammates, other operational and engineering teams, and federal customers.
- Analysis of the overall infrastructure to consistently develop and implement optimization of the storage environment.
- Defend environmental infrastructure change through various review boards.
- Train cross-functional teams during and after implementing new enterprise tools and applications.
- Perform Product evaluation and make recommendations to other engineering team members, operations administrators, and federal customers to meet their data storage requirements.
- Documentation including SOPs, SOI, engineering and implementation designs, and other documents needed to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of agency data.
- Work experience with Azure Cloud: Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault tolerance systems in Azure Cloud.
- Configure and implement Azure Cloud resources to support new applications.
- Lead the migration of existing on-prem data and applications to Azure.
- Identify and implement appropriate Azure best practices.
- Maintain and administer Windows Active Directory, including defining and creating GPO.
- Build, harden, and manage new and existing applications and Windows servers, including creating and maintaining documentation.
- Perform scheduled deliverables and on-demand reports using various tools regarding the different aspects of the storage infrastructure.
- Evaluate new products and recommends updates and upgrades.
- Responsible for delivering monthly reports.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in a relevant field and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience with managing backup, storage, and disaster recovery infrastructure design, implementation, and improvements
- Experience with enterprise data storage environment throughout the entire development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, unit and integration testing, system and acceptance testing, and retirement planning
- Experience documenting ideas and recommendations to present to and communicate storage federal customer and cross-functional support teams
- Experience with engineering and administration of backup and storage infrastructure on-premises (Cohesity, Dell VNX, VMware VSAN, and Windows virtual file Servers) and the Azure Cloud
- Work experience with Azure Cloud: Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault tolerance systems in Azure Cloud
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- VMware administration, vSphere knowledge.
- Understanding of Azure ExpressRoute and Virtual Cloud Connections.
- Knowledge of Change Management within an IT environment.
- Azure certifications (Azure Administrator, Azure Data Analyst, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.