Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to be part of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure. This position will work with engineers on various technical projects. This could include but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations and relocations.
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
- Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Document engineering standards, supports the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effectively complete individual projects and tasks with some oversight.
- Candidate should have a Bachelors' degree and at least 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years prior relevant experience preferred or 12 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance w/Poly is required
- Experience with service providers from the ordering process through service delivery.
- Solid understanding of WAN service offerings, service order specifications, service delivery coordination, and cross-connect specifications.
- Experience interacting with Government clients and other contractors, with emphasis on coordinating and resolving technical issues.
- Excellent communications skills with particular emphasis on clarity and accuracy of receiving and delivering technical information, to include effectively conveying technical information to a less-knowledgeable audience.
- Experience with public data centers to include the service (rack) ordering process, specifying inter-rack connections, and WAN service delivery to equipment racks.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and troubleshooting on the Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) series devices.
- Experience with Cisco EPN-M for NCS provisioning of WAN services, inter data center cross-connects, and service delivery to the network edge.
- Experience with Cisco ASR series routers and their configuration of the IOS XR platform.
- Solid understanding of, and experience with, general routing and switching technologies, to include
- Spanning tree, link aggregation techniques, and VLAN’s.
- EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, and BGP protocols.
- Configuration of interfaces, subnets, and SVI’s.
- Working knowledge of SD-WAN architectures and products.
- Experience with cloud service provisioning in AWS and Azure.
- Experience with Cisco DNA.
- Experience with Cisco ISE.
- Experience with Cisco ACS and leaf-spine architectures.
- Working knowledge of python, yang, and yaml data models for NETCONF.
- Cisco CCNA certification (or higher).
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.