The Leidos Defense Group has an opportunity for a Software Development/Integration Program Manager supporting the US Navy in San Diego, CA. In support of various existing Navy projects, the manager will develop, maintain and lead a portfolio of loosely related software and integration projects while maintaining synergy between the projects. The manager will support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support full stack and integration/infrastructure missions. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating staffing needs across projects, project deliverables, financial reporting, customer engagements, and process improvements for both direct and at times, IR&D projects.
We offer a collaborative culture and support for your career goals and growth. Although this position requires support in San Diego, it does offer the ability to telework up to 25%, and relocation assistance is available for well-qualified candidates motivated to grow their career in San Diego.
- Manage project leads in charge of execution and implementation of individual software projects.
- Forecast staffing needs and coordination across projects.
- Perform interviews for new staff.
- Perform performance review evaluations for staff.
- Assure project deliverables meet schedule and quality standards.
- Maintain aggregate financial status for the project portfolio.
- Engage with Navy customers to understand mission.
- Identify and track project risks and mitigation strategies across the portfolio.
- Ensure project execution adheres to best practices and standardized processes.
- Employ an iterative/agile development process and interactive prototyping.
- Apply understanding of issues surrounding design, build, test, deployment, and maintenance of software supporting full stack, cyber applications, and frameworks.
- Evaluate proposed solutions to complex software challenges to support project decision making.
- Develop and use metrics across project portfolio to improve project performance.
- Have an active DoD TS security clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI to be considered for this position.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- 15+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience with Agile Software development: Agile project management principles, and ability to apply standards, theories, concepts, and techniques of management domain.
- Expertise addressing complex technical issues/problems using internal best practices and through collaboration with colleagues.
- Experience developing innovative solutions to technical problems. Ability to be proactive and voice opinions when identifying issues/concerns.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in portfolio and/or program management.
- Experience in managing a matrixed technical team across multiple projects.
- Deep understanding of software engineering, design, test, and deployment.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements as well as facility security requirements provided.
- Prior work as a software engineer/product owner/product manager is a plus.
- Background supporting Navy and/or the Office of Naval Research (ONR) applications and programs.
- Knowledge, experience with the following applications: GALE, FADE, SPOTR, TMDS, WasP, GCCS-J (MIDB), iSToRE/GXP Xplorer, SOCET GXP, Radiant Mercury and other supporting C4ISR common products.
Pay Range:Pay Range $124,800.00 - $192,000.00 - $259,200.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.