The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation Senior Project Manager / Architect in Bethesda, MD
The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for providing architectural support, successful service delivery and contract execution, leading a diverse team comprised of software developers, business analysts, desktop support ad infrastructure support teams and others. The team will employ agile methodologies, including scrum, Kanban, test-driven development. Project Manager will be responsible for compliance with HHS and NIH policies and mandated actions, such as EPLC, security policies, ADA Section 508, and others.
- Provide management, technical leadership and organize the activities and personnel associated with complex software development and technical support tasks
- Develop enterprise architecture and provide complex systems engineering support
- Design and develop data lake by evaluating the data sources and current storage architecture by using the best industry practices
- Acting as a technical advisor to the customer leadership, develop enterprise data management policies, governance and develop technical roadmaps.
- Drive innovations across multiple disciplines by providing technical leadership
- Understand and oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle and using the agile development methodology;
- Oversee technical support tasks such as desktop and infrastructure support.
- Manage staff, including hiring, compensation and employee performance assessments;
- Manage software integration and development efforts including AI/ML solutions development.
- Manage multiple projects and tasks and supervise approximately 10-15 staff.
- Provide overall Project Management (PM) support throughout the performance period using customer’s internal processes consistent with principles outlined in the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMBOK® Guide.
- Provide technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Be accountable to the customer and to Leidos management for the success of the project(s) and team
- Create, manage, and control project schedules and an Integrated Master Schedule
- Perform project risk management and create the required status reports. Manage all project deliverables on time.
- Ensure adequate communication between the stakeholders and other development teams
- Respond to Data Calls such as financial status, computer or hardware details, technical attributes of the Systems, or security audits.
- Manage all required activities to ensure alignment with multiple schedules and requirements across all systems and projects as well other interfacing systems and projects.
- Work with the customer to reprioritize activities to refocus work efforts and support activities to address new or changing business needs.
- Work with the stakeholders to determine and document the appropriate level of Enterprise Project Life Cycle deliverables and milestones to ensure a successful outcome for each system.
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 12 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree highly desired.
- Minimum overall 15 years of experience progressively moving from technical role to project management
- Minimum 5 years as an architect designing and developing enterprise and data architecture in a large environment
- Experience with developing data management policies and governance in a large environment preferably for a Govt. agency.
- Experience with evaluating emerging technologies, developing technology roadmap and driving innovations.
- Experience leading IT development programs that apply an agile software development methodology and SecDevOps in a large environment preferably in a Government agency
- Experience managing multiple smaller projects
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Strong technical background in software development processes, techniques, and best practices
- PMP Certification is required
- Microsoft or data related certification is required
- 8+ years of Experience as a data warehouse developer
- HHS Experience a plus. NIH experience a big plus.
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business.
- Experience providing IT solutions in a variety of technologies including C#, SharePoint, Drupal
- Experience with SQL Server and .Net
- Experience with AI/ML development process
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.