The UX Design Analyst will support the enhancement of the NHLBI’s public website. The successful candidate will work in an Agile and fast-paced environment on a development team supporting NIH scientists, researchers, and IT professionals whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
The position will support software development activities through research, design, and requirements analysis.
User experience and digital strategy
- Develop use case scenarios, flow diagrams, site maps, wireframes, high-level functional specifications, task analyses based on personas and research. Integrate these artifacts into a comprehensive product design.
- Identify issues with the website’s existing user experience and devise solutions.
- Propose UX and digital strategy product vision, direction, and roadmap to the Agile development team and customer.
- Make strategic UX design and digital strategy decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Provide project team and stakeholders with recommendations, system enhancements and alternatives to improve usability, UX standards, accessibility, and SEO.
- Analyze and break down customer needs/wants/goals into actionable tasks that affect user experience. This process includes data collection and analysis and UX research in best practices, standards, and trends.
- Plan information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisions architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; prepares data models; designs information structure, work and dataflow, and navigation; evaluates information representation.
- Ensure existing NHLBI style guide and standards are applied or considered for all concepts.
- Communicate and work with other UX and SEO teams on deciding the right usability approach.
Analysis and project support
- Collaborate with the business analysis to plan and prioritize the product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with digital strategy and UX goals.
- Enter, update, and manage issues (Epics, Stories, and Tasks) using JIRA.
- Produce high-quality reports and documentation with audits and summaries.
- Document the strategic decisions and key outcomes of meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital design, user experience, information architecture, marketing, information technology, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across teams.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and information gathering skills and the ability to relate well to others at all levels throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and successfully manage competing/changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Axure, Figma, or equivalent tools (ex. InVision).
- Familiarity with analytics, SEO, and accessibility standards.
- Understanding of digital strategies and best practices.
- Mobile-first design mindset with demonstrated capability and experience.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture.
- Familiarity with content management systems (i.e. Drupal, Wordpress).
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and best practices.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.