Currently, we have an opportunity for Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering. This position will be working with our growing Power Distribution Engineering team. This role will require qaqc of both simple and complex engineering projects, working directly with clients, and ensuring the Leidos reputation of high quality is maintained.
Background must haves:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2+ years: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering (EIT/FE credentials or PE license is preferred)
- Experience with Voltage Conversion projects, Road Widening Projects, Major Underground Projects, Conductor replacements, and OH to UG conversions
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
- Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates
Nice to haves:
- Experience providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating the CIAC
- Experience with design tools such as Pole Foreman, SOCKET, Spida-Calc
- Experience using MicroStation--performing Electrical Distribution design
- Experience with design standards
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills and supporting of customer advocacy
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Professional dress and demeanor
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design training
- Project management
- Financial management
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies."
Leidos is trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to our Power Delivery Services for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.