Leidos’ Enterprise IT and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operations is seeking an experienced Business Development Director to lead and drive the organization’s strategic growth objectives for our Army business by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies.
Leidos E&CS is an Industry-recognized advanced Enterprise Information Technology & Cyber Solution innovator providing transformational end-to-end business models that lower costs, improve efficiencies, and contribute to our customers’ success.
Focus areas include: cyber security and operations, cloud computing & migration, and IT service solutions. This critical role, will include responsibility for all aspects of business development to include strategic capture, proposal development, and account strategy.
To these ends, the selected individual will have opportunities to lead efforts for identification, qualification and capture of specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth to support the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
- Demonstrated success in growing Army focused Business or direct Defense Agencies experience (employment)
- Lead a team of several Business Development Managers
- Grow and qualify the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter and intra-company collaboration
- Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals of the Division
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
- Develop internal cross-organizational relationships and drive new growth through collaboration with the other Operations
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence
- Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the long term strategic plan for the Division
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio (some travel required).
- A Bachelor’s and 15+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s and 13+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, government services and/or other professional services executing all aspects of business development, program capture, planning, and execution
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD services business
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$50 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with DOD Customer
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Experience in budget management of New Business Funds (or budget planning & execution)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to achieve results through others. Possess the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Completed professional training in Business Development Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.