Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The Civil Group is looking for an Environmental Regulation Compliance Analyst who will provide support to the Western Service Area (WSA), Operations Support Group to ensure compliance with a wide array of federal, state, and local laws and federal regulations through evaluations, analysis, and thorough review of documentation. This will include interpretation and advice regarding the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on federal actions affecting the National Airspace System (NAS).
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support between Airports, Air Traffic facilities, and the FAA for environmental issues resulting from proposed actions triggering NEPA application.
- Evaluate the potential environmental impacts associated with proposed actions involving air traffic routing or flight path changes. Heavy emphasis on noise impacts resulting from these changes.
- Provide SME support for appropriate level of environmental documentation in the form of Categorical Exclusion (CatEx), Environmental Assessment (EA), or Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) on FAA initiated actions.
- Coordinate and draft written responses to environmental analysis resulting from requests for changes to traffic routing or flight path changes.
- Coordinate final NEPA documents including CatEx, EA, or EIS, and associated Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) or Record of Decision (ROD) for projects requiring NEPA application.
Please note: One must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA.
- Experience writing or reviewing NEPA documents, including but not limited to: Categorical Exclusions (CATEX), Environmental Assessments (EA) and/or Environmental Impact Statements (EIS).
- Experience reviewing all NEPA impact categories.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education, with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience; OR 6-10 years of prior relevant experience with a related Masters degree OR additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree may be accepted.
- Ability to translate complex data/information into concise written documents for a non-technical audience.
- Experience with FAA or aviation related programs.
- Ability to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Experience with database management, KSN websites, and MS Excel.
- The selected candidate will have highly developed presentation skills, self-motivated and proactive team player, excellent written and oral communication skills, and proficient using MS Office software, are desired.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.