Leidos is looking for an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant to support our Legal Department, particularly the General Counsel. The Executive Assistant will regularly interact with executive and senior management, attorneys, staff, and executives on matters concerning the functional area, Leidos staff, and outside entities. The candidate will perform a broad range of administrative tasks, to include managing schedules, preparing correspondence, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing expense reports, and coordinating travel. Occasional overtime may be required.
- Provide strategic executive administrative support to the General Counsel
- This is a position that demands a high degree of telephone and personal professionalism, polish, and diplomacy. Absolute confidentiality is a critical component of this role.
- Perform advanced administrative assignments requiring a high level of competency in office procedures and detailed knowledge of the firm's organization, procedures, and operations
- Compose memos, letters, and other correspondence; handle the highest level of confidential information; prepare for expense report, manage and coordinate meeting arrangements as well as global and domestic travel
- Engage with Leidos senior leaders, external clients, and regulators, which requires a significant amount of explanation, clarification, and diplomacy
- Work independently, exercise considerable discretion and is forward thinking in managing executive activities such as speaking engagements, meetings, client relationships, research, and all executive duties as required
- Manage priorities with an understanding of which activities are most appropriate for the allocation of the Executive’s time.
- The candidate may from time-to-time act as proxy to the Executive, such as representing the Executive in communications and may make administrative decisions or take actions on the Executive’s behalf based on knowledge of the company's organization, priorities, policies, and personnel.
- The candidate will prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments as needed, exercising frequent independent judgment, initiative, and tact.
- High School degree and 5+ years of experience providing executive administration support in a corporate environment for C-suite level leaders.
- Must present a positive and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and relate well with both external and internal contacts at all levels, up to and including Executives, customers, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Must be able to work effectively with key administrative personnel across the enterprise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making and prioritization ability, and attention to detail are critical.
- Must have excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex executive meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook including Teams and other communication channels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with an ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- Experience supporting a Legal function or another Corporate staff functional department.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.