Ready for your next great career move?
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Database Administrator, to play key role with the design, deployment, configuration, and optimization of the D3P storage layer including databases and Elasticsearch data stores for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) to work in our Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA office. On average you will work 4 days a week at the customer site. The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that provides cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. The data storage layer rests at the core of the system and we want you to help us push it to the extreme to exceed system and customer expectations!
Great work you will be doing:
• Collaborate and work with a diverse group of engineers in developing solutions for ingesting heterogeneous datasets in large volumes to the data store
• Administer, maintain, upgrade, and tune databases
• Design, maintain, and improve database schemas and data models
• Participate in engineering design sessions to understand dependencies and interactions with D3P data stores and layer
• Participate in daily scrums and program increment planning sessions
This is you:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6 years of relevant experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
• Possess a DoD TS security clearance and be able to obtain a DoD TS/SCI with Polygraph
• 3+ year administering databases including but not limited to: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing database schema, data models (Relational, Entity-Relationship, Object-based, etc.) and performance tuning
• Experience with integrating databases to data ingestion pipeline
• Experience with graph databases such as Neo4j
• Experience with administrating databases both on-promise and on the cloud platforms
• Experience with monitoring database health and developing solutions to mitigate risks of performance and Service-level Agreements (SLAs)
• Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Highly Desired - Familiarity with data integration with Elasticsearch
• Highly Desired - Familiarity with Elasticsearch mapping & its optimization for performance
• Certifications in RDBMS and/or NoSQL Databases
• Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
• Experience with Elasticsearch Kibana in developing visualizations/dashboards and conducting analyses
• Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
• Experience with Python, JSON, or Java
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.