Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Splunk Administrator. Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services.
In this role, you will operate and maintain Log Aggregation and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) hardware and software for organizations supported by the NORAD and USNORTHCOM N2NOMS contract. Activities that this position performs include Systems Analysis, modifying and updating systems based on results of analysis, deployment of applications and tools, performing testing of deployed application and tools, and communicating updates to Cybersecurity Lead and customers as required.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO - Peterson AFB
Clearance: An Active DoD Secret clearance is required and you must be eligible to obtain Top Secret/SCI. Those with active TS/SCI will be given first consideration
What will you do in this role?
• Maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot SPLUNK servers, clusters and management systems
• Install, upgrade and maintain required SPLUNK applications and add-ons
• Provide SPLUNK training and support to HQs NORAD and USNORTHCOM, and all subordinate organizations
• Provide performance and license tuning for systems and troubleshoot SPLUNK components across multiple network environments
• Provide solution-engineering support to ensure systems and components meet current and future standards
• Develop, create, deploy, and manage custom SPLUNK monitors, alerts and dashboards
• Monitor SPLUNK for cluster status, health status, and other issues, and resolve as needed
• Follow approved DoD, STIG standards and DoD IAVA requirements
• Manage patching and updates of Linux hosts using a local YUM server
• Monitor and audit configurations and participate in the Change Management process to ensure that unauthorized changes do not occur
These qualifications are required...
• BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must hold an ACTIVE DoD Secret clearance with TS/SCI eligibility preferred
• DoD 8570 IAT II Cybersecurity Certification (e.g. Security + CE, SSCP, GSEC)
• Splunk Core User Certification
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Must be a US Citizen.
These qualifications are highly preferred...
• Linux or Vendor Agnostic Operating System Certification (e.g. RHCSA, Linux+, Server+)
• SPLUNK Administrative Certifications (e.g. Splunk Core Certified Power User, Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin, Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect)
• Experience administering and securing Linux operating systems in a DoD environment.
• Experience with maintaining YellowDog Updater Modified (YUM) servers
• Working knowledge of vulnerability and STIG compliance scan tools including, but not limited to, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC)
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Salary Target: $95,000-$97,000
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.