QTC Management (a Leidos company) is looking for a technically savvy, passionate and trained writer for the role of Proposal/Technical Writer to interpret customer requirements and work with SMEs to write clear, concise, and compelling marketing and proposal documentation. QTC provides disability and occupational health solutions to VA, DoD, and Federal agencies.
The successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with solutions architects, subject matter experts, and program leadership to capture key concepts and ideas while maintaining consistency in messaging and strategy through the use of proper tone/voice. Writing assignments may include white papers, RFI responses, proposal technical content and solutions, past performance, staffing plans, resumes, oral/video proposal presentations, and marketing material for on-contract growth or new business pursuits.
The candidate must be able to work well within a team and be comfortable in a very fluid and fast-paced environment, building and responding to both short and long-term projects, deliverables and plans. This position includes working with customers, internal program team members, subject matter experts and other partners and contractors. A customer service mindset and approach are critical.
**Position can be virtual but will require business travel as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conceive, write, edit and proofread communications including, technical documents, presentations and customer-specific marketing materials
• Writes and leads technical, management, resume, and/or past performance sections and volumes, with a heavy emphasis on past performance.
• Provides direction and oversight to supporting writers.
• Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
• Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
• Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
• Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Business development and competitive proposal writing experience
• Strong Analytical Problem Solving Skills.
• Ability to communicate with positive impact.
• Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
• Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 10+ years of prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
• 6+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Government solicitations
• Expert Level Technical writer with business development and competitive proposal experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.