The Instrument Flight Procedures Team on the NISC IV contract with Leidos, is an aeronautical information team supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive individual to join the Instrument Flight procedures Team, assisting the FAA in creating and maintaining Aeronautical Charts. The charts are to support the National Airspace System (NAS). The Instrument Flight Procedures Team creates and maintains electronic charts for the Terminal Procedures Publication, which are released on 56-day charting cycle including RNAV approach charts, ILS charts, VOR, NDB, TACAN, Departures and Arrivals for all airports in the country.
Responsibilities will be:
- Analyze and maintain aeronautical data, as it relates to the application to aeronautical charts, products and publications.
- Analyze and maintain FAA aeronautical charts for the U.S. Terminal Procedure Publications and the Chart Supplement.
- Apply charting specifications in the update of aeronautical charts.
- Evaluate digital imagery for analysis, interpretation, and application to aeronautical charts, products, and publications.
- Contact/interact with FAA Aeronautical Information Services (AJV-A) aeronautical information specialists, and other FAA mapping / charting teams and organizations in an effort to acquire source / documentation, rectify discrepancies in aeronautical data, and/or in response to inquiries/special requests.
- Use Bentley Open Cities/Microstation/CAD/Geographic mapping software to create and/or maintain aeronautical charts and maps.
- Assist in creating and maintaining FAA graphics and charts in support of the Federal NOTAM System (FNS).
- Assist Aeronautical Information Services (AJV-A) in developing automated aeronautical charts utilizing the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software in performing requirements analysis, data entry, testing, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Geography or related discipline from an accredited College or University
- 3- 5 years of experience is required
- Knowledge in Bentley Open Cities/Microstation or CAD software
- ESRI ArcGIS experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.