Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Electric Utility Resource Planning Analyst who has a strong desire to be part of a well-established and growing North American utility consulting practice. Serving electric, natural gas, and combined electric+gas utilities throughout the North America and the Caribbean region as well as investors in utility assets, our team of professionals provides consulting services such as: integrated resource planning, utility mergers and acquisitions due diligence, and utility decarbonization strategy development.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
In this role, the individual responsibilities will be:
- Assist in analysis related to integrated resource planning, decarbonization strategy development, and utility buy- and sell-side due diligence, as well as preparation of consulting reports in these areas for clients such as utilities, investors, and financial institutions.
- The ability to work both independently and in collaboration with colleagues and managers, who are conducting and/or leading consulting studies by: conducting research, performing analysis, modeling operation of power generation assets and portfolios using proprietary Leidos tools and simulation models as well as licensed software tools and databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or related field
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience, primarily in economic analysis work within or related to the North American electric and natural gas utility industries or a Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience
- Expertise with Excel for ad hoc data analysis required; VBA expertise is preferred
- Proficiency with Aurora, ProMod, or other similar utility optimization/simulation models strongly preferred
- Experience analyzing energy conservation and demand side management preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Excellent analytical, technical writing and presentation skills
- Locations: Denver CO, Framingham MA, Seattle WA, Washington DC.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Electric, natural gas, and combined utilities as well as power asset developers and energy market investors consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities plus hundreds of private developers and financial institutions. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric and natural gas utilities, power generation developers and owners, and financial institutions. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.