Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos help you ccelerate your career path. The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for UNICORN Training Specialist to work in our Newport News, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the UNICORN mission and customers. This sub family is responsible for instructing customers or employees on services, procedures, processes, techniques, tactics, products, or skills developments. Duties may include participation in course definition and development, but the primary focus is course delivery. Keeps abreast of training and development research, learning theory, motivation theory and new training methods and techniques.
- Develop comprehensive instructional materials including training presentations to support customer engagement and development in familiarization and immersion. Customers are internal and external.
- Conduct training presentations and one on one training for the UNICORN program.
- Provide demonstrations of system capabilities to various areas and levels of the intelligence community.
- Create and maintain operator checklists, position specific quick reference cards.
- Assist with any other asset necessary to ensure operations are successful in using UNICORN to accomplish their mission.
- Liaise with government leadership with regards to software features and the gathering of requirements.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4+years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 2+ years of prior relevant experience, may be able to substitute experience in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Requires practical knowledge of the professional discipline, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Has general understanding of industry practices and standards.
- Understand business operations in order to match training with business goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with staff, trainees, subject matter experts, and organization leaders. They accomplish much of their work through teams.
- Communication skills. Clearly convey information to diverse audiences. Public speaking to various customer audiences and levels of leadership.
- Critical-thinking skills. Critical-thinking skills when assessing classes, materials, and programs. They must able to identify the training needs of an organization and make changes and improvements as required.
- Decision making skills. Select or create the best training programs to meet the needs of an organization.
- Collaboration skills. Strong interpersonal skills because delivering training programs requires working in concert with staff, trainees, subject matter experts, and the organization’s leaders. They also accomplish much of their work through teams.
- Instructional skills. Understands the fundamentals of teaching and lesson planning. In addition to developing training, they will lead courses.
- Leadership skills. Be able to engage audiences through training. Be motivated, energetic, customer service oriented.
- Working knowledge of the UNICORN application in AF DCGS operations.
- Previous AF DCGS imagery analyst experience or equivalent.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.