Responsible for the site management delivery of Aviation and Automation projects in the UK and overseas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Liaise with and manage the work provided by customers, clients and third-party suppliers
- Deliver turnkey site management system to the installation team to ensure we adhere to current site regulations
- Manage the site H&S delivery ensuring all documentation is completed and kept up to date
- Plan and deliver labour schedules for projects on time and in budget
- Lead the site technical requirements for projects and support engineering requirements
- To support testing and inspection sign offs and certificates for installations including safety related parts.
- Provide reporting of progress and escalate issues when required to the project team and customers during weekly status meetings
- To review potential works on site and provide project risk assessments and method statements to Leidos standard for submission and approval by customers
- To provide support for site installation and engineering team to purchase site materials and consumables via Leidos purchasing requisition system (Cost point)
- Demonstrate reliable time attendance and commitment
- Monitor and approval line for site installation resource timesheets and holiday planning
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Liaise with Project management and engineering internally to deliver projects
- Be able to communicate in customer lead meetings and present status and issues accordingly on site.
- Provide feedback and reports to management and customers
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Proactive approach to work tasks
- Create relationship with site installation and commissioning resources and manage effectively to ensure in time delivery of projects
Cross Functional Working
- Continually build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the successful completion of projects
Health & Safety
- Always follow and promote Group and Company policies and procedures
- Abide by all HSE requirements
- Ensure all Company equipment and personal PPE properly used
- Ensure all site staff are suitably qualified for tasks and any gaps identified and closed with further training plan
- Fully Understand and always adhere to the Company’s Equality Policy at all times
- All employees must conduct themselves in accordance with our Corporate Company Values and Business Ethics at all times
Skills & Attributes
- 5-year full traceable work history for airside passes
- Prepared to work away from home or overseas for periods of time.
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Weekend working as required
- Proven industry experience in the Aviation / Automation sector
- Experience of electrical control systems
- Experience of electrical installations associated with Aviation control systems and automated control systems.
- Experience of industrial PLC’s, HMI’s, Drive controls and safety related equipment.
- Time served trade discipline or equivalent experience
- Good PC skills and experience with MS office packages
- IOSH or equivalent qualification for RAMS
- SMSTS or SSSTS qualified
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.