The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking a Knowledge Manager to support the an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Bethesda MD (ICC-B) or Tysons/Mclean VA (LX). An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required in order to be considered for this position. The candidate will support Government staff in developing a broad range of written products in support of senior leadership and USG policymakers.
Provide analysis, design, development, and deployment support for customer database requirements
• Manage database auditing, to include daily review of audit reports
• Continually investigate methods to improve database reliability and performance for peer review and implementation alongside developers and systems engineers
• Provide input on capacity planning, high availability solutions and upgrade strategies
• Proactive database performance monitoring, tuning and best practices implementation
• Provide support and guidance to application developers with SQL tuning, data modeling and physical database design
• Enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards, ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
• Communicate with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors where standard remediation and/or re-engineering and architectural changes may be required
• Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards
• Create and manage repeating, automated database tasks.
• Perform baseline and continuous hardening for Oracle and SQL Server databases according to industry and U.S. Government security controls, and best practices
• Build data repositories for a variety of mission needs that easily and automatically generate a variety of visualizations to support analysis, reporting, and briefings
• Provide a Data Security Plan (Section F, Deliverable X) that ensures databases comply with data protections requirements and policies and incorporates a risk and recovery plan
• Develop simulations and exercises to test database readiness and communication channels
• Develop, manage, update, and maintain KM systems (e.g., SharePoint sites, databases, and internal websites) that can serve as repositories for storing, sharing, and utilizing data
• Train system users, which may include IC partners, providing user guides as needed
• Integrate information with other databases as required
• Enhance information sharing of analysis, assessments, legislative materials, policies, strategies, budget materials, IT information, and other relevant documents
• Utilize automated tools and visualizations to facilitate users’ access and ability to analyze information holdings
• Enable Interoperability and sharing of information with other IC or state and local partners
TS/SCI with POLY level clearance is required
Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Extensive experience in Knowledge Management, to include
analysis, design, development, and deployment support for customer database requirements; database auditing, database reliability and performance improvements; capacity planning, high availability solutions and upgrade strategies
Proven success in documenting and enforcing database policies, procedures and standards, ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
Expertise with building Oracle and SQL Server databases according to industry and U.S. Government security controls, and best practices
Excellent oral and written communication skills to include data visualizations to support analysis, reporting, and briefings
Successful past performance involving data interoperability and sharing of information with other IC or state and local partners
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.