Leidos is seeking Help Desk Agents supporting several federal customers in our facility in Clinton, MS.
The pay is $18.00/hr.
The successful candidate will be responsible for answering calls, logging the calls in the ticketing system, and providing the customers with rapid and accurate answers and information. This will require the individual to possess an IT background, to assist customers in troubleshooting and resolving problems. Support provided is governed by Service Level Agreements in place with the customer and include number of call responses, length of calls, etc. The ability to interface well with customers at various levels of seniority in a variety of different fields is essential to success in this position, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Schedule: Shifts are 8.5 hours with a 30 minute lunch break and are distributed based on business needs. Our Help Desk operation is staffed 24x7x365, although the core hours of operation are 7AM to 7PM Central time. Most staff will work on staggered shifts during that timeframe, candidates must be willing to work any shift as business needs change.
Location: This position is onsite in Clinton, MS. There may be an opportunity, based on performance for a rotational remote work schedule, however that would come months after working onsite in the office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for answering calls, logging the calls in the ticketing system, and providing the customers with rapid and accurate answers and information. This will require the individual to possess an IT background, so he or she can assist customers in troubleshooting and resolving problems. Support provided is governed by Service Level Agreements in place with the customer and include number of call responses, length of calls, etc. The ability to interface well with customers at various levels of seniority in a variety of different fields is essential to success in this position, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Specific duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Provides phone support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard Windows desktop applications, and applications developed under this contract or predecessors
- Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software PC and printer problems
- Addresses support requests received over the phone or through email and web-based systems
- Provides prompt, courteous, and professional response to user calls during supported hours
- Provides a single, identified point of contact for all Help Desk and change request services
- Updates and maintains Help Desk records in accordance with established support procedures
- Performs account password administration and processes new user account requests
- Develops, maintains, and executes standard Help Desk operating procedures
- Follows security requirements as requested by the Government Security Officer
- Monitors customer problems to ensure prompt, satisfactory service/resolution is being provided; if necessary call the user to update them on progress
- Processes standard change request (Remedy tickets) for Installations, Moves, Adds, and Changes (IMAC’s)
- Remain on queue and available to assist end users during specified shift, excluding approved breaks, lunches, or off queue time approved by your Team Lead
- Manages the user’s expectations; provide information that will give details for a possible resolution or when they can expect to be contacted again
Required Experience and Education:
- High school diploma with 1+ years’ experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer hardware and software skills
- Must possess an overall understanding of Help Desk operations and technical phases of the job and have Windows technical skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively also experience in following documented policies and procedures.
- Must have a desire to learn new skills and take the initiative to improve their performance through on the job training.
- Must be available to assist in development and modification of procedures.
- Experience troubleshooting Apple macOS (OSX) and iOS hardware and software
- Experience working for home in an IT support role
- Experience with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016 or later
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory password resets, account unlocks, account creations, and troubleshooting
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Hourly Rate: $18.00/hr
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one
- Employee discounts
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
Pay Range:Pay Range $29,900.00 - $46,000.00 - $62,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.