Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) group has an immediate opening for a Calibration Technician who will be responsible for the calibration and certifying of measuring and testing equipment to technical specifications and maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) within a manufacturing facility. The Calibration Technician will perform job functions under minimum supervision within production areas, controlled classified clean rooms, and utility equipment rooms. This individual will work closely with department owners, service leaders, and EH&S leaders to coordinate equipment/tools availability to ensure calibration requirements are completed within required timeframes. This individual will work with outside vendors for off-site calibration needs (includes the coordination of shipping, receiving, review/documenting results and reissuing for use within facility or out in the field).
- Oversee the calibration and certification of measuring and testing equipment
- Employ Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards and work practices
- Coordinate equipment availability with department owners to ensure calibration requirements are completed within required timeframe
- Plan and implement calibration activities
- Work with departmental teams in the scheduling of equipment calibrations
- Perform emergency repairs of calibration devices, which necessitates prompt troubleshooting
- Perform NIST traceable calibrations in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Work with outside vendors for off-site calibration needs
- Reporting of equipment calibration due and overdue
- Create and implement calibration standard operating procedures based on specific machine knowledge
- Documentation of calibration activities into equipment logs following good documentation practices (GDP)
- Assist completion of manufacturing non-conformance investigations and technical document writing
- Follow all safety laws and promote positive safety behaviors
- Coordinate/support other departments to ensure smooth execution of work
- Identify and help implement, equipment/process improvement projects
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be required to walk, stand, lift up to 40 lbs, and climb ladders/stairs.
Successful trade or vocational school completion
3+ years’ experience in a regulated manufacturing site required
General knowledge of how to calibrate instruments
General computer skills with most Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, and Excel)
Self-motivated with the ability to work in a professional, high paced work environment
Availability during off-hours, weekends, and on-call
Travel requirement: 10%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of prior relevant experience. Associates is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.