Leidos Civil Group has an immediate opening for a Cybersecurity Solution Architect (SA) to join our Civil Office of Technology (OOT) team. Leidos customers face security challenges at every level of their enterprise, from physical to infrastructure to applications to affiliates. Leidos is seeking a candidate who can leverage their experience across these domains, bringing value-added best practices and architecting innovative cybersecurity solutions to ensure Leidos’ differentiation of scale, security and speed. The candidate SA’s primary focus area will be developing winning security solutions for the Civil line of business. Candidate should have strong working knowledge of defensive security operations, network security architecture principles (e.g., ZeroTrust), information assurance (IA) (i.e., NIST RMF), vulnerability management, supply chain, and relevant government mandates. The Candidate should have a strong track record in developing and/or deploying these types of capabilities within the federal government.
The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with business development, capture management, line management, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered in proposals, on programs, or on research and development projects.
Early in the capture effort, they are responsible for designing, planning, and managing the technical approach and ensuring that it meets the program requirements and customer hot buttons; is competitive, realistic and feasible; is consistent with staffing and pricing; and carries acceptable risk. The SA ensures that the technical solution considers management decisions and constraints, and reflects the win strategy, customer intelligence, and competitor intelligence. During the proposal phase, the SA validates the incorporation of the solution in the Technical Volume and supporting Basis of Estimates (BOEs), and provides guidance to the proposal team to ensure proposal products accurately depict the solution. The SA may be involved in orals presentations as well as transition-in activities following award.
In addition to developing solutions, the selected candidate will help prospective customers and partners understand the value and benefits of the Leidos solution, explain technical features and transformation strategies, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential problems. There will be opportunities for security expertise for Leidos’ active security operations programs as well.
- Provide senior technical leadership for major or strategic Leidos security-oriented captures, establishing the main solution concepts, identifying key elements of solution and approach differentiation. Shape procurement by presentations to clients and through speaking engagements.
- Actively contribute to curating a comprehensive portfolio of defensive security operations (DCO) capabilities and IA offerings relevant to the Federal Civil marketplace, including DCO playbooks, incident response knowledge management, and facilitating ATO processes.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Leidos Office of Technology (OOT) Accelerators and Technical Core Capabilities, as well as external alliance partners to seek, qualify and leverage the best ideas, solutions and models throughout our community of trusted partners.
- Identify market trends in technology, methodologies and organizational designs for application development.
- Engage with program teams to incubate, build out and sustain security capabilities, offerings and solutions. Curate security proof points and past performance qualifications for Leidos success stories.
- Act as a champion for Leidos-sponsored security initiatives and training opportunities in order to develop and grow the Leidos security talent pool.
- Masters degree (or equivalent) with 15-20+ years of prior relevant experience
- Significant experience (5+ years) designing, building and/or curating security capabilities and offerings
- Working knowledge of NIST Standards (e.g., 800-37 RMF, 800-53 Security & Privacy controls, 800-207 ZeroTrust)
- Has a successful track record in providing technical leadership in federal new business pursuits, with over $100M in TCV wins in the previous 5 years
- •Solid understanding of defensive security operations, network security architecture principles (e.g., ZeroTrust), information assurance (IA) (i.e., NIST RMF), vulnerability management, supply chain, and relevant government mandates
- Experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions within the federal government.
- Experience in capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts verbally, graphically and in writing.
- Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
- Experience developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions and basis of estimates (BOEs), including BOM development.
- Experience identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- CISSP, CySA+, CISM, or other relevant Cybersecurity certifications
- AWS or Azure SA certifications
- Network certifications
- Experience winning GSA FEDSIM captures
- Strong technical acumen and experience leading the transition of security operations centers from reactive to proactive security posture; designing or executing security transformation activities.
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.