Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Junior UI/UX Designer, to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized micro-services architecture for the D3P program. The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that is providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to expanding base of Defense and Intelligence Community members.
You will work closely with the D3P chief architect, systems engineers, software engineers, and data scientists to provide UI design and User Experience support and concepts for the end-user-facing multi-media search and data exploitation system working in our Bethesda, MD office. D3P is advancing the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
This is you:
• Work with the team using a Release-based-scrum and drive research activities, user engagements, usability testing, derive insights, generate concepts, communicate those concepts visually, and work with developers and product managers to ensure their successful development.
• Work on cross-functional teams of experts in design, system engineering, technical architecture, software engineering and data science to deliver digital products and services for the customer.
• Create user flows, low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, conduct usability testing, and lead focus groups and workshops, all of which will require a combination of technical and communication skills.
• Participate in a release-based design process understanding the user journey, framing challenges/issues from a UX perspective, create compelling user stories, and develop innovative methods and practices to maximize user engagement and D3P usage.
This is you:
• Bachelors Degree with at least 2 years’ experience in information technology and intelligence or data analytics applications or 4 additional years may be used in lieu of degree.
• Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and ability to obtain a Polygraph.
• Solid visual and design skills to create concepts and prototypes. You will work with D3P team members to develop clear and powerful experiences for users, peers, managers, and agency executives.
• Superior attention to details and impeccable documentation on design processes, design standards, and guidelines for component and patterns.
• A desire for learning new things, but also experience in UX practice areas (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research).
• Experience with one or more low-fidelity wireframe tools (Balsamic, Sketch).
• Experience with one or more high-fidelity pixel perfect prototype tools (AdobeXD, Axure).
• Excellent team player and collaborator.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience working with Intelligence Community analysts and operators.
• Experience working with systems and software engineers in an Agile release-based planning process.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.