Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a 3D Modeler Intern supporting virtual simulation and training programs in Orlando, FL.
Duties may include compiling geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps as well as analyzing spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports. The successful candidate will be organized, detail oriented, energetic, eager to learn, and comfortable working in a peer-to-peer environment.
General responsibilities include development and test of 3D visual vehicle and terrain models to be used as part of a larger virtual simulation.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Modify existing 3D visual moving models based on feedback
- Create and test 3D visual vehicle moving models and associated damage states using defined specifications
- Create and test 3D visual terrain models and associated damage states using defined specifications
- Use of artistic skills to enhance texturing, lighting, animating, and shading
- Document 3D Models modified and created
- Test 3D Models created independently and as part of the larger simulation
- Working to attain a bachelor's degree in 3D Modeling/Animation or a closely related field and 0-2 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Clearance.
- US citizenship required.
- Experience with 3D model creation in direct support of military simulations
- Experience working with OpenFlight model format
- Experience with Photoshop or similar image editing tools
- Experience with procedural model generation, material encoding, synthetic imagery generation
- Experience with Unreal, Unity, or VBS engines
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,400.00 - $52,000.00 - $65,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.