Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) to support an important mission for our DoD customer. Work will be performed on customer site in Ft Huachuca, AZ. An active Secret clearance OR U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required to begin work on the program.
As the Senior SQL DBA, you will be part of a customer focused team responsible for the ongoing maintenance and documentation of database components supporting critical information systems and enterprise end users.
What does this program have to offer?
- On the job training while getting paid - gain required certifications as you apply current knowledge.
- Gain U.S. DoD Clearance - We can submit you through the clearance process if you do not hold an active Secret Clearance.
- Career mobility opportunity - Leidos fosters a culture of growth and advancement.
- Opportunity to support DoD Systems that are critical to our infrastructure, both in the Continental US (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental US (OCONUS).
- Teamwork, comradery, and opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Work site is situated in beautiful Sierra Vista, AZ.
- On site gym, coffee shop and food court for your use and convenience
What will you do in this role?
- Maintain and document the database components supporting critical information systems and enterprise end users.
- Continual care of the databases as required to ensure that applications and databases operate at peak performance, with integrity, and are as secure as possible.
- Apply Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG's) tracking the DB's security compliance and troubleshooting are vital to this position.
- Proficiently document your process for DB optimizations, troubleshooting and new builds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additionally, to be successful in this role, you should have the ability to:
- Demonstrate the ability to continuously adjust priorities to reflect changing circumstances
- Display initiative and be results oriented with flexibility and tenacity
- Ability to work in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment
- Strong dedication to provide quality customer service
- Effective problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify the cause of issues with the system or determine if other teams need to be included in resolving an issue
- Excellent team skills, thorough, and communications skills both written and verbal
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a database administrator with 3+ years as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA
- Must hold active DoD Secret Clearance prior to start; in some cases, clearances can be processed, U.S. Citizenship required.
- Prior to start of employment you MUST possess one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE IAT Level II DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline (i.e., Security+).
- Within 60 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE CSSP Infrastructure Support DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline.
- Within 180 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) Microsoft SQL Server or other related database certifications per the requirements list.
- On call work to include weekend/holidays required
- May require periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends (if applicable)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Microsoft SQL Server database administrator Certification
- Experience managing Microsoft SQL Server Always on Availability Groups (AOAG)
- Ability to manage own projects including communications to customers as well as work as part of a larger team managed by a project manager.
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable, but not required
Employee Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.