eidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team has an opening for a Network Operations Technician in our Colorado Springs, CO office. Would you like to come to work on one of our largest Defense programs?
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network Operations Technician will operate autonomously within a team to support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, innovation, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. The Network Operations Technician will be responsible for operations and maintenance of the network enterprise infrastructure supporting the NORAD Northern Command missions.
This position will report directly to the Network Operations Lead.
Clearance: An active Secret clearance is required in order to qualify for this role.
What will you do in this role?
• Develop networking solutions and technology adjustments on a live, global network to optimize services to NORAD/USNORTHCOM users.
• Develop technical solutions that require: collaboration with internal experts and customers; deep analyses; and understanding of impact on end-product users.
• Manage functional area trouble tickets by creating and updating tickets, to accomplish all tickets within key program performance indicators.
• Develop, identify and recommend opportunities for performance improvement of various networks and processes by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
• Tackle complex networking issues to support root cause analysis and development of strategies and solutions to issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
• Manage work center equipment accountability and perform the Data Center Management activities to clean-up, grow, and face new challenges to create an environment designed for redundancy and continuity in cases of contingency operations.
• Demonstrate self- motivation and drive to seek solutions to resolve monitoring errors, using research and documentation, and have a deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts to resolve issues.
• Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives by providing all activities related to the Network Operations Work Center with significant impact on operational metric results in deliverable monthly reporting.
• Provide expert support to troubleshoot circuits using router commands, loops, alarms and errors, and other troubleshooting technologies and techniques.
• Engage directly with Government customers, internal customers, team members and management regularly to understand, design, develop and implement networking solutions to optimize network performance and capabilities on all three NORAD/USNORTHCOM networks.
• Use the ticketing process and network monitoring tools to monitor, track and resolve issues. Follow escalate processes for issues resolution requiring approval, when necessary.
• Monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment, and work to influence team members regarding solution design, processes and approaches.
You must have the following to qualify for this position...
• Bachelors degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, additional years of relevant experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Current DoD-8570 IAT Level II baseline certification at start date.
• Currently holds either MCSA Certification or CCNA or Juniper Certification.
• Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
• Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching.
• General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
• Must currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
These qualifications would be nice to have, but are not mandatory...
• Bachelor's degree.
• DoD-8570 IAT III Certification.
• ITIL Foundations Certification.
• Experience with Circuit Management.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
Hourly Rate Range: $40-45/hour
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.