Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos has an opening for an Enterprise Software Specialist. This position will support our program deploy configured hardware devices to Army installations. This position is a hands-on position to build, configure and administer the programs’ suite of operational software on target PC, server and mobile device platforms.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsible for building, configuring, integrating, unit testing and making operational, software applications supporting the deployment of systems prior to shipment to the site. Responsibilities include taking direction from the Software Applications Manager to implement the various software related configuration, build, remediation and deployment tasks.
- Being proficient in building, integrating and supporting deployment of MS Operating Systems for PCs/servers and application installation and configuration on various computing platforms including mobile devices.
- Provide support as a Help Desk Tier 2 SME when requested to resolve complex software and application issues in the field or in the system lab.
- Responsible for the tracking of tasks progress to ensure deadlines are met and status is provided to Software Application Manager.
- Responsible for the assigned workspace for the build team to keep it neat, orderly and laid out to support the efforts.
- Responsible to for safe storage and use of software images for the various system components.
- Provide updates to the Monthly scheduling process enabled by the Master Scheduler
- Provide updates to the program Help Desk Tier 1 personnel on the status of trouble tickets that are assigned.
- Generate various reports as needed
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Must have a Bachelors degree and have at least four (4) years of experience with MS operating systems for PC’s and servers. Additional experience could be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience and knowledge of large IT programs & ability to work firsthand with customers.
- Experience in handing PII for commercial and Government customers
- Knowledge of Windows 10
- Experience with Active Directory: users, groups, privileges, group policies, site configuration, etc..
- Basic knowledge and understanding of TCPIP and fundamental networking
- Hands-on experience with PC Hardware Configuration
- Hands-on experience with Windows Backup and Recovery procedures
- Hands-on experience with installing and configuring software application on PC, servers, and mobile devices
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Hands-on experience with Server Hardware Configuration
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.