The Finance Services Contract Closeout Team is seeking a Contract Closeout Specialist.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of contract and subcontract contract closeout activities. This individual will be responsible for supporting multiple actions related to overall contract closeout which include; preparing timely and accurate closeout packages; reviewing contract and subcontract documents for key clauses and terms and conditions and performing extensive research to identify and locate historical documents.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and interpreting contract and subcontract documentation and invoice data to ensure closeout documentation and packages are completed in compliance with DCMA/DCAA, FAR, Leidos and contractual terms and conditions and audit requirements.
- Preparing letters, memoranda, release of future claims and miscellaneous forms in support of contract and subcontract closeout activities (including sub final invoice processing).
- Work closely with Closeout Audit Specialists within the closeout organization to achieve cross-functional team efficiency.
- Daily interaction to coordinate cancelling funds, final patent, property closeout, security closeout and other actions (requires interaction with internal/external customers, peers, other functional departments and all levels of management)
- Individual must be cognizant of department goals and track personal closeout statistics to assist in achieving stated goals. Requires strong ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to work multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to adjust quickly to emerging priorities on short notice.
- Must be able to work overtime to meet regulatory and customer deadlines.
- High School diploma / GED and 4+ years of experience in government contracts or procurement.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite tools required; specifically Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and administrative skills; strong attention to detail
- Specific experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) requirements for contract and subcontract closeout.
- Ability to exhibit a clear understanding of contract types and possess the ability to read and interpret contractual documents.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and interact with diverse personalities
Please note that this position has a salary of $49,000 per year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.