Leidos is looking for a SAFe / Agile Development Manager for a position in the Northern Virginia or Pensacola, Florida areas. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance for consideration. The ideal candidate will be a domain expert in SAFe / Agile and Lean principles and practices for individuals, teams, and systems. The candidate will manage multiple cross-functional SecDevOps teams. The Development Manager will act as a change agent to challenge existing environments or cultures. The candidate will write and implement management plans for all aspects of the SAFe / Agile lifecycle across the functional teams and areas to support deliverables and the multiple teams and associated stakeholders. Candidate must be an expert in Lean and Agile principles and best practices across business and IT software application development and operational work streams. Demonstrated experience in large programs with application of SAFe / Agile principles, technical project management, scheduling, and project and program execution
- Apply SAFe / Agile expertise and Knowledge and best practices
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on SAFe / Agile development methods and processes.
- Guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of capability focused on stakeholder and partner requirements
- Provide expertise in infrastructure provision and configuration and software deployment across the software development lifecycle
- Manage and direct SecDevOps requirements in support of the rapid development, security, test, validation and fielding of complex software and hardware systems
- Design and implement processes and tools to deliver automated CI/CD pipeline based on SecDevOps systems capable of supporting VMs, containers, compiled software applications and scripts and source code in a pre-compiled state.
- Works across the development, security, operations, and Infrastructure (HW and SW) teams to ensure that the SecDevOps tools and processes are supporting the holistic system development, integration and fielding effort.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations to ensure the effectiveness of SAFe / Agile programs and recommend complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as necessary.
- Capture metrics at a team level; leverage the metrics to monitor/enhance teams’ performance and apply appropriate agile maturity levels to enhance capabilities, schedules and deliverables.
- Apply lean processes and methodologies to team specific issues to bring a holistic, system approach across multiple maturing teams.
- Provide role-based support & assistance as required.
- Expert in visualizing flow of work, controlling Work in Progress (WIP), managing queue sizes and batch optimization of work.
- Work as part of a team of coaches to own the quality of Agile across all teams and organizations coached.
- Extensive experience as Scrum Master or Product Owner, master of Servant Leadership.
- Assess and raise the Agile Competency in organizations and help move them toward higher levels of Agile Maturity at a pace that is sustainable.
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with internal/external stakeholders at senior levels of government and contract leadership to address Agile knowledge gaps and support Agile effectiveness.
- Collaborate effectively with the teams and individuals that they are coaching/training to build trust within the organization.
- Demonstrate measurable change and the effectiveness of change when applied to Agile methodologies.
- Participate and contribute actively to continuously evolve processes that align to enterprise Agile transformation strategies
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation)
- Ability to identify critical infrastructure systems with information communication technology that were designed without system security considerations
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk)
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, Procedural Language/Structured Query Language [PL/SQL] and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, malicious code).
- Knowledge of software related information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., modularization, layering, abstraction, data hiding, simplicity/minimization)
- Knowledge of the application firewall concepts and functions (e.g., Single point of authentication/audit/policy enforcement, message scanning for malicious content, data anonymization for PCI and PII compliance, data loss protection scanning, accelerated cryptographic operations, SSL security, REST/JSON processing).
- Skill in secure test plan design (e. g. unit, integration, system, acceptance)
- Skill in using code analysis tools.
- Skill to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Translate security requirements into application design elements including documenting the elements of the software attack surfaces, conducting threat modeling, and defining any specific security criteria
- Direct software programming and development of documentation
- Supervise and assign work to programmers, designers, technologists and technicians, and other engineering and scientific personnel
- Analyze security needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints and security mandates
- Masters degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience
- Must have a TS/SCI to be considered
- Applicant must have extensive experience with and can seamlessly work at all levels of an organization (from team level resources to senior executive stakeholders) to enable employment of agile methodologies as a strategic asset for business value generation which includes impactful culture change. Strives to instill a cultural change biased towards continuous improvement.
- Current experience with common Agile tools, such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Current Scrum Master or Product Owner certification(s) and experience developing and executing Agile projects.
- Current advanced Agile certification
- Certifications addressing software programming/development, reducing production costs, application vulnerabilities and delivery delays, and secure software concepts, requirements, design, implementation/coding, testing, software acceptance, software deployment, operations, maintenance, disposal supply chain, software acquisition, and mastery of code analysis tools
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.