The Leidos Homeland Security Solutions Division has an opening for an experienced DevOps Engineers to assist with the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems for Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
· Assist with program's Multi-environment cloud DEVops capability spanning AWS and Azure cloud environments, including the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline. Facilitate Communication & Team Integration: support communication, integration, and transparency across the team as demonstrated by implementing operations initiatives, initiating meetings, promoting Jira, lessons learned, root cause analysis, etc.
· Agile Project Collaboration and Implementation: Assist and participate in the implementation of agile practices for multiple software development teams, facilitate standardization of JIRA internally and with the customer to show project process for each initiative.
· Configuration Management: work with the management and technical team to facilitate change and configuration management process, ensuring alignment with auditing requirements; facilitate incident reporting across all program teams; maintain the risk management register; facilitate the development and maintenance of program documentation.
· Business Intelligence & Dashboard Development: maintain user-friendly dashboards displaying program metrics; generate ad-hoc data analysis reports for management and customer.
· Data Analysis & Reporting: monitor application volumes using historical data and current events; notify management of volume trends and significant spikes; monitor website traffic.
· Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
· Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
· Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Familiar in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
· Familiar with AWS/Azure/Cloud technologies
· Experience with cloud-based architectures
· Understanding of DevOps methodologies and workflow
· Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
· Familiar with Amazon Web Services, at least one of the following: (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
· Team Collaboration tools, at least one of the following: Jira, Confluence, RocketChat
· Requires a BS in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
· Experience with Tableau or PowerBI
· Familiar with System Engineering documentation (VDDs, diagrams, etc.)
· Experience with Amazon Web Services technical performance versus cost management
· Familiar with cross domain architectures at various levels
· Experience with automated testing and monitoring
· Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
· Familiarity with Git / SVN
· Familiarity with some sort of deployment platform such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or other proprietary deployment platforms.
· Familiarity with automation platforms such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform
· Familiarity with Kubernetes/container based deployments. Knowledge of how to build, deploy, test pipelines for container deployments.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.