Rewrite your career with Leidos! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to unleash your potential.
We are seeking engineers and scientists to join our team conducting pulsed power system design and power modulator development. As a part of our team here in Albuquerque NM, you will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop next generation directed energy systems as our latest Pulsed Power Engineer.
Fun challenges you will find yourself working on:
• Development next generation pulsed power systems for HPM directed energy weapons for national defense.
• Take part in fundamental research in high voltage and pulsed power components.
• Develop state of the art pulsed power systems and power modulators to drive the next generation of HPM and laser systems.
• Collaborate with the AFRL scientists on experiments to determine the future paths of system design.
• Run experiments on pulsed power systems such as THOR and other counter UAS systems.
• Develop models and analysis tools for pulsed power systems
• Perform analytic calculations and numerical simulations
This is you:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field and 2+ years’ experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
• Experience with High Voltage
• Experience with Pulsed Power Electronics and Architectures
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience in pulsed power technology or plasma physics research and development
• Experience with high voltage systems and pulse modulators
• Experience with Marx Generators, high voltage transformers, magnetic modulators, charged particle accelerators, pulse forming lines and networks and high energy storage systems
• Experience applying safety principles in laboratory activities
• Experience with electrical, mechanical, pressure, vacuum, or diagnostic systems
• Demonstrated experimental, analytical, and computational skills
• Successfully worked in or leading a technical team
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.