Leidos has an opening for an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager. The IT Project Manager will be responsible for the successful definition, planning, and implementation of information technology (IT) projects in support of Human Space Research and Astronaut Health Care at the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX. The incumbent will work with NASA and contractor personnel to define and prioritize projects, develop executable project plans, and monitor and control the project activities. The incumbent will be instrumental in successfully executing multiple projects simultaneously, coordinating appropriately with all stakeholders, providing all needed project reporting, tracking issues and resolution, and escalation as needed. It may also include the setup, management, and hosting of Steering Committee meetings.
- Work with HHPIT team members to control the schedule, cost, and scope of assigned projects.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Interface with NASA management and other stakeholders to provide project status reports in required formats.
- Represent HHPIT at Change Control Board, Software Engineering Process Group, and other NASA meetings.
- Establish, promote and maintain a service-oriented, customer-service focused culture that supports new custom development, COTS and sustaining activities.
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones for all assigned projects.
- Communicate project plans and schedules to all project stakeholders.
- Manage assigned projects from inception to completion, including initiation, requirements gathering, design, development & unit testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, deployment, training, and support.
- Responsibilities occasionally require work on weekends and/or evenings, sometimes with little to no advance notice.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ work experience in the information technology field, or equivalent related work experience, including at least 5 years of most recent experience with IT project management.
- Ability to coordinate project teams, customers, users, and other stakeholders to successfully execute software development projects.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and practical experience in the use of project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with personnel from all levels.
- Specific focus in management of multiple simultaneous IT projects.
- Knowledge of and experience with software development project management tools and methods.
- Experience managing projects in Microsoft software development environment.
- Experience managing projects in AWS environment.
- Experience managing projects in a medical/health care environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.
- Prior NASA experience.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance; U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status is required due to length of investigation for non-U.S. Persons.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.