Leidos Corporate is seeking a Financial Audit Manager to join our Internal Audit Team located in Reston-VA
The Financial Audit Manager is a key member of the Internal Audit team who is responsible for Financial Audit activities including risk assessment, development of the audit plan, audit scoping, execution and reporting and SOX audits. This position reports to the Audit Director and requires a close working relationship with the Corporate functions and Business Groups. In this role you are expected to lead Financial Audits, SOX Audits and Advisory projects. Leadership skills, critical thinking, building strong relationships internally, ability to train team members and excellent communication skills are also expected from you in this role.
This is a hybrid (partial telework) role that requires 10% domestic and international travel.
- Assist the Audit Director with the development and maintenance of the audit plan
- Support, plan, execute and evaluate Financial Audits, SOX Audits, Advisory projects, including focusing on various areas, such as Financial, Operational, Compliance risks and related Internal Controls
- Assist in the preparation of the audit planning memoranda, execution and reporting of audits and advisory projects that are issued to Senior Management
- Facilitate work with external auditors and other risk management-related departments and other internal stakeholders, including Government Compliance, Ethics and Compliance, and Enterprise Risk Management
- Leverage expertise in audit, finance, accounting, and technology and apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts
- Work on complex problems and provide creative solutions
- Accomplish objectives, be self-motivated and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Maintain direct supervision of a team of staff and third party contractors, assign work, review work and undertake performance reviews
- Interview, hire and train employees
- Interact with executive-level management directly
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 6+ years prior experience in internal or external auditing, including directing, planning, and evaluating overall internal audit programs
- 3+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Significant financial accounting knowledge, SOX compliance testing, SOX remediation, SOX readiness assessments, technical accounting experience, CPA is required
- Experience leading and executing risk-based Finance and Operations internal audits and/or risk and control assessments, leveraging GAAP guidelines, and proficiency in core requirements and methodologies for SOX regulations and Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience in dealing with Executive Management
- Excellent project management, organizational, and strategic and innovative critical thinking skills
- US Citizenship is required
- Prior experience in a Corporate Internal Audit is preferred
- “Big4” or top regional CPA firms experience is a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.