The Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions Operation is seeking an Associate Buyer to work in an exciting and dynamic environment. Under little supervision, the Associate Buyer is responsible for identifying, sourcing and developing suppliers along with negotiating the purchase of goods and materials. Activities span the entire procurement and product lifecycle.
- Supplier sourcing and contract negotiations, procurement of goods and services in support of MRP generated or direct contract requirements
- Support new product introduction activities
- Assist with product development by defining material needed, providing drawings when appropriate
- General knowledge of documentation, drawings, datasheets, solid models in support of quotations
- Terms and conditions review for regulatory compliance, applicable flow downs and risk management assessments
- Purchase execution to include:
- Obtain quotations
- Place POs and maintain compliant purchase order files
- Conduct supplier cost management, competition and price analysis
- Manage schedule of product to meet demand
- Manage order closeout reconciliation of goods receipts and invoices as required
- Process non-conformances and vendor returns
- Liaison between supply base and internal customers
- Supports integration activities as directed
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2 – 4 years of experience in procurement
- MRP experience
- Great organization skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a willingness to progress into tasks of greater responsibility
- Experience interpreting technical documents, drawings and/or schematics for quotation purposes
- Management of a large, complex supplier
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.