Leidos Corporate Internal Audit Team is seeking a Senior Financial Internal Auditor to join our Finance and Operations Audits team located in Reston-VA.
In this role, you will be responsible for Finance and Operations Audit activities including audit scoping and execution and SOX audits. This position requires a close working relationship with the audit team and the auditee. You are expected to assist in executing Finance, Operations, Program Audits and Advisory projects. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also expected in this role.
This position requires 10% domestic and international travel.
- Participate in the execution of Finance, Operations and Program Audits and Advisory projects, including focusing on various areas, such as Internal Controls
- Identify potential audit issues by considering impact of exceptions and assessing related risks
- Take responsibility for multiple engagement assignments by using time wisely and prioritizing tasks according to risk and feedback from supervisor / management
- Work independently, bringing assignments to completion with limited supervision
- Communicate effectively with auditee, peers and management, both orally and in writing
- Leverage practical knowledge in IT audits and poses general understanding of IT audit practices and standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3-5 years prior experience in internal or external auditing
- Experience leading and executing risk-based Finance and Operations internal audits and/or risk and control assessments, leveraging GAAP guidelines, and methodologies for SOX rules, regulations and internal control programs
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills to be applied appropriately across multiple levels of the organization
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Experience in a Corporate role in the Audit function
- Consulting or “Big4” experience is a plus
- Possess or successfully working toward CPA Certification(s) is a plus
- Prior government consulting experience or experience working in a government department or quasi government organization
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.