The Defense Group of Leidos has a current job opportunity for an experienced Cloud Engineer supporting the Cyber TRIDENT project. The candidate will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of programs focused on modernizing a variety of software systems. The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide their expertise in infrastructure provisioning and configuration and software deployment across the software development lifecycle.
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for leveraging open-source and in-house tools to manage private and public cloud infrastructure via code, designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly available, secure architectures for cloud-based applications. The Cloud Engineer will provide input and expertise to engineers to maintain alignments with best practices and recommending system improvements while overseeing the automated deployment, roll-back, and monitoring of applications into software development, test, and production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- At least eight 8 years of experience performing Cloud infrastructure activities in a professional capacity.
- Experience managing production workloads.
- Experience working with Agile software development teams and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience in cloud applications and architecture for designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring cloud activity, designing applications, migrating them to the cloud, and defining computing loads.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret security clearance.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Cloud Engineer or similar
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as CISSP, or similar
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.