Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an experienced and motivated Deputy Program Manager/Site Project Manager to work with our team supporting the USAF AFLCMC. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill supporting the growth in the Defense Force Protection Market with overall emphasis on Base Defense and Counter-UAS (C-UAS); providing a wide range of support to enhance both Base Defense and C-sUAS operational capabilities in CONUS and OCONUS locations. You will manage the internal business process and data collection and work to continuously optimize the team’s performance.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Performs duties under the guidance of the Program Manager and Chief Engineer
- Provides input regarding budget as a whole and for individual, identified projects as required
- Oversees and/or prepares program summaries and reports for government
- Prepares requests for actions/proposals and other projects as needed or requested.
- Coordinates initiation and processing of purchase order requests
- Ensures full compliance with all contract requirements, schedules and provisions
- Leads Program Management Office activities
- Works with subject matter experts (SMEs) across groups, provides technical writing, proposal support and training
- Collaborates with management and SMEs for continual improvement of the operational environment
- Assists in the review, update and implementation of quality processes and guidelines
- Assists in weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of all operational areas
- Supports the improvement of data management of existing operational content via a centralized repository
- Provides, up to half-time, support for USAF site deployment activities, as directed by the customer. This may include proposal development, subcontractor selection and management, materials purchasing and delivery, and site installation activities
- Serve as the Subcontractor Program Manager coordinating closely with the portfolio managers and subcontract administrator to address subcontract concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed to support the organization
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Requires BS and at least 8 years of experience as a project manager and/or program manager on a mid-to-large size program or Master’s with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to quickly learn new concepts and software that contain complex business processes
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other professional resources, etc.).
- Explains solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- History of problem solving in fast paced, technical environments.
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Experience managing USAF AFLCMC programs
- Background in the development and/or operation of military air defense, force protection, sensor or defensive systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.