Leidos is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to support an Identity & Access Management (IdAM) program to provide technical expertise, functional management and leadership support for a mission critical enterprise system in Chantilly. Successful candidate will provide functional management support within a SAFe agile software development environment. The candidate should have a background in hands on software development or leading software development teams in an Agile execution construct. Experience as a scrum master, product owner, and/or release train engineer will be significantly beneficial in this role. Additionally hands on software development experience and knowledge with java based applications and a solid understanding of application integration with Free and Open Source (FOSS), and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) products (specifically Oracle IdAM product suite) will be a tremendous asset.
- Work closely with recruiting team to staff current program openings for the team
- Onboard new program team members, ensuring they are brought up to speed with the scope of the program
- Execute all performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
- Collaborate with subcontractor team members’ leadership for staffing needs and to provide individual teammate performance feedback
- Update corporate tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
- Plan and allocate resources across program task orders for financial reporting
- Manage personnel on the agile software development teams
- Oversee training across the agile team members
- Facilitate creativity across the teams and identify ways to improve efficiency
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience supervising or leading teams
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership experience; at a minimum experience leading a team of 3-4 people
- Understanding and background in COTS integration and custom code development
- Familiar with program tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Agile development experience
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience managing personnel in an agile development environment
- Experience as a scrum master, product owner, and/or release train engineer
- IdAM domain knowledge and/or experience, especially familiarity with Oracle IdAM products (OID, OVD, OUD, OIF, OAM, OES, OIM)
This is a fully funded position but contingent until clearance crosses over.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.