• Work with Senior System Administrators with general direction and as a team member under the direction of the lead system engineer
• Assist the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions.
• Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers.
• Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise
• System monitoring and maintenance including configuration & security management, patching, automation, hardening and system upgrades
• Manage multiple servers comprising multiple virtual machines (VMs) using VMware’s ESXi hypervisor, vSphere client VM manager, and vCenter system manager
• Provide quick reaction support to the Operations team and the NASA customer to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems
• Work with the engineering team to plan, implement, and test upgrades to the system hardware and software
• Work with the IA team on security vulnerability and compliance scanning of the system servers and workstations as required under a DoD Authority to Operate (ATO)
• Executes and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules
• Successful candidate will be able to perform day-to-day maintenance, operations, and support for enterprise level operating systems, zero clients and servers
• Monitor system-analyzing appliances and act as necessary, to tune system performance and/or mitigate actual and perceived threats to production systems
Education and Experience: Highschool Diploma and at least 1 year of experience. Associates preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.