Leidos is seeking a Proposal Coordinator to support proposal development/submission activities. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with his/her assigned proposal team and other team members to provide coordination support on a full range of proposals. Huntsville, AL is the primary work location, but some telework is possible. Travel in support of key proposals will be required.
The Proposal Coordinator will collaborate with the Proposal Manager in all aspects of proposal planning and logistics. Coordinates document production to support proposal development, reviews, and delivery. This includes working closely with the Proposal Manager and team to review the Request for Proposal (RFP) for requirements and supporting the development of compliant production and delivery plans. The coordinator sets up or monitors the Collaborative Capture Environment (CCE) and monitors configuration control of all proposal artifacts. The coordinator facilitates all desktop publishing, graphics, and editing activities. The coordinator supports reviews, preparing review copies and merging reviewers’ comments; preparing documents for final management review; coordinating final document production including final formatting, preparation of binders and tabs, and coordination of printing; preparing electronic copies; and supporting boxing and shipping.
• Assists proposal managers in providing day-to-day supervision of the proposal process as they plan and build high quality, winning responses to requests for proposals.
• Works collaboratively with a wide range of personnel, including book bosses, technical and business subject matter experts, authors, capture managers, contracts managers, and production staff to facilitate efficient and effective proposal development.
• Read and interpret RFP requirements to ensure compliance with font, type size, margins, and other proposal submission requirements
• Review the proposal schedule with the proposal manager and ensure deadlines for DTP, graphics, and editing are realistic/achievable
• Prepare the Proposal Production and Delivery Plans to ensure RFP compliance
• Work with the Proposal Manager in maintaining configuration control of documents and deliverables in SharePoint (CCE)
• Provide logistics support to the proposal team
• Coordinate and schedule publications support (DTP, editing, and graphics)
• Perform visual Quality Assurance (QA) inspection of all proposal deliverables
• Coordinate hardcopy production of proposal deliverables
• Prepare electronic files
• Works with and facilitate hardcopy and electronic delivery in coordination with Capture Manager, Proposal Manager, and/or Leidos Contracts Representative
• Works closely with the Proposal Manager with other administrative tasks, as required
• Anticipate and communicate team needs (CCE, IT, reproduction, proposal facilities, special supply orders, etc.). Be assertive if additional resources are required
• High School Diploma and 5+ years of related experience experience
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with proposal leaders, proposal authors, and Business Development personnel
• Expert in Microsoft Word. Skilled in formatting Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint documents
• Expert in Adobe Acrobat Pro for creating PDFs, and comparing and merging files
• Able to work overtime and weekends, as required, to meet proposal schedule
Experience in proposal preparation, coordination, and production
• Expert Desktop Publisher able to create and format visually appealing Microsoft Word templates and Excel documents in compliance with RFP requirements
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and other Creative Suite software
An active Secret or higher Clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.