The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Data Scientist to work with our customer at Eglin AFB, FL. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Joint Staff J6 Joint Assessment Division (JAD) conduct system of systems interoperability assessments. In this mission Leidos is helping JAD to transform from a platform centric to data centric assessment posture. The candidate will work with fellow engineers, subject matter experts and analysts in the examination and characterization of Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) data fabrics in terms of data centric attributes, such as visibility, accessibility and usability.
- Leads assessment formulation, planning, execution and reporting, providing expertise in the following areas:
- Technology and assessment methodology research
- Analysis and data collection plan development
- Assessment plan and report writing
- Communicates with JAD government representatives and external JAD customers regarding project objectives, assessment concepts, and assessment methodology
- Communicates assessment results to JAD government representatives and external JAD customers
- Conducts data collection and reduction (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Conducts statistical analysis (primarily Exploratory Data Analysis and Descriptive Analysis; less emphasis on inferential and other types of statistical analysis)
- BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Measures development
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Other operations research or data science methods
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas:
- SQL Tools (e.g., mySQL)
- NOSQL Tools (e.g., MongoDB)
- Data Analysis Tools (e.g., JMP, R, Python)
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Active Secret level clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Experience with coding for analytical purposes (e.g., C#, Excel macros)
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.