Leidos is consistently ranked #1 on Washington Technology’s Top 100 information technology and systems integration contractors list. We are the largest IT Services company in the Federal Government and specialize in modernizing infrastructure, systems, and security for both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations.
At Leidos, we help our customers execute programs for the world’s most critical missions. We respond to challenges and deliver next generation of agile, cohesive solutions for today’s rapidly changing environment. Leidos has an opening for a Data Scientist who will build statistical models, test hypotheses, interpret, summarize, visualize, and succinctly report on data findings for a large Information Technology Service Management/Integration and Cybersecurity environment of critical national security importance.
The Data Scientist will support operations for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The successful candidate will support both the integrated ITSM & Cyber Security Support including Enterprise Operations. This role is also responsible for the performing research on various data sources, to include unstructured data using quantitative and qualitative content analytics. The Data Scientist will construct and perform complex database search queries in multiple databases using SQL and API interfaces. Additionally, this role will perform web scraping and apply various techniques for processing unstructured data. The Data Scientist will leverage automation and machine learning to manage data, predict scenarios and make recommendations. The work includes building new analytical tools and packages across the enterprise and will be expected to collaborate with team members in a highly technical environment. In addition, the position involves establishing and maintaining the schedule for delivery, deliver regular reporting, and track improvements across the environment.
- US Citizenship
- DoD TS, DOE Q clearance or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of award
- Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative subject or related field (for example, statistics, mathematics, economics, or related field) and 12 years of experience
- DoD 8570 IAT or IAM Level III certification
- Strong experience working with Python or R programming languages
- Experience working with data manipulation, analytic/business insight tools, and data visualization experience
- Experience with SciPy stack or Tidyverse packages
- Experience constructing and performing complex database search queries
- Experience/ knowledge of computer science concepts, data architecture, and experience/knowledge of statistics
- Demonstrated experience using statistical and machine learning techniques including supervised and unsupervised learning and natural language processing
- Experience /familiarity with frequentist statistics and probability including predicative modeling
- Experience with visualizing data using popular packages including Tableau, ggplot or Matplotlib
- Ability to communicate technical findings to non-technical audiences
- CISSP Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of start
- DOE and/or NNSA site experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of DOE and/or NNSA security policies and procedures
- Experience working in both Classified and Unclassified operations
- Experience working within Security Operation Center (SOC) environments
- Knowledge of and/or experience with SD 205.1
- Experience/knowledge of social network and link analysis tools is desired (e.g., Palantir, i2 Analyst’s Notebook, or Proton)
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is desired
- Experience with front end web development is desired but not required
- Experience designing and implementing neural network architectures
Travel up to 10%
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.