Leidos is consistently ranked #1 on Washington Technology’s Top 100 information technology and systems integration contractors list. We are the largest IT Services company in the Federal Government and specialize in modernizing infrastructure, systems, and security for both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations.
At Leidos, we help our customers execute programs for the world’s most critical missions. We respond to challenges and deliver next generation of agile, cohesive solutions for today’s rapidly changing environment. Leidos has an opening for a Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT) Lead who will support the delivery of mission enabling Information Technology Service Management/Integration and Cybersecurity for a large environment of critical national security importance.
The successful candidate will serve as the principle technical advisor and subject matter expert for security auditing services to include the information security vulnerability management program, internal/external vulnerability assessment program, and insider threat auditing support. He/she shall be a multi-functional individual with strong leadership and technical skills including but not limited to the following core Cybersecurity domains; insider threat monitoring, detection and evidence collection and response; security auditing and authorization configurations, protocols, and reporting; audit, influence and govern people, process, and technologies to ensure compliance with applicable internal policies and risk management frameworks.
The Vulnerability Assessment Lead will establish a program for use throughout NNSA, completes vulnerability assessments, identifies opportunities for improvement, and communicates recommended solutions for addressing risk. The successful candidate should have familiarity with Law Enforcement/Counterintelligence (LE/CI) procedures, inter/intra-agency coordination, evidentiary procedures, and analysis. The consultant needs to be familiar with cyber defense capabilities The ideal candidate must understand the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation as it relates to insider threat and the analysis of alleged fraud, waste & abuse.
- US Citizenship
- DoD TS, DOE Q clearance or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of award
- DoD 8570 IAT or IAM Level III certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a cyber related discipline and 8-10+ years of prior relevant work experience within IT/Cybersecurity
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience in creating and publishing security related alerts, bulletins, and notifications based on identified software and hardware vulnerabilities and monitor for compliance.
- Ability to continuously research emerging threats to the environment to disseminate the information to all stakeholders, immediately assess the known environment for presence of the vulnerability, and work with the enterprise networking teams to proactively block exploitation within the environment.
- Proficient in vulnerability scanning, tracking and remediation techniques
- Conducts, operates, and maintains assessments and the resulting Vulnerability Assessment (VA) data and reports
- Conducts Host-based and Network Vulnerability Assessments on a wide variety of endpoints to include ICS/OT, Database and Web based applications.
- Develop tactics, technique, and procedures (TTPs) to combat newly discovered threats
- Proven ability to direct multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through project completion
- Prior experience serving as the RMF/Audit & Compliance Subject Matter Expert (SME) guiding and directing a team of risk assessment staff in the management and Service Level Agreement (SLA)-based performance of the enterprise cyber auditing services for the customer
- CISSP Certification
- DOE and/or NNSA site experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of DOE and/or NNSA security policies and procedures
- Experience working in both Classified and Unclassified operations
- Experience working within Security Operation Center (SOC) and/or Managed Service environments
- 5+ years’ experience operationally managing an enterprise audit and compliance function within a government agency
- Knowledge of and/or experience with SD 205.1
Travel up to 10%
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.